Today is My Birthday, Not June 17
is upside down and drunk
on three ounces of champagne.
The coffee table littered
with travel brochures,
Algeciras, Spain. The Gibraltar
gap to Casablanca.
I will travel alone once more,
but not on June 15 as the card
from my office says.
I will mount a canvas travel
chair on a clipper boat's deck,
a Florentine iris closed over
the empty disc of my heart.
Bernard Henrie's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Today is My Birthday, Not June 17 by Bernard Henrie )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Racism Haiku, Chenou Liu
- Come here and say, gajanan mishra
- Riff on Blackbird's Causality, David McLansky
- York, Nassy Fesharaki
- Reminiscence, Shirani Rajapakse
- نبيذ, نزار قباني
- September's Mighty Winds, Captain Cur
- I Don't Know Why You Think, Nicolás Guillén
- Woman of the House, Shirani Rajapakse
- I Have, Nicolás Guillén