Tormented voices echo all around the valley
Their ripples dissolving in the distant woods
Mingle with the quiet river
And blow with the wind.
The heart manifests
The innocent beauty
The deep insight kangaroo court, ’
The pure feeling
The innermost reality.
Refrain from self-introspection
Don’t give in to others
The world is changing fast.
God’s greatest gift to man
Perennial flow of tears
No more shall bubble forth for you
Once the spring dries up.
Hunger for more
And gratification of the senses
Are now the values to cherish.
While a few dressed in gold
Move up the social rungs
Can we rejoice? O never,
Lost are the poor men’s songs.
Basanta Lohani's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Tormented Voices by Basanta Lohani )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Happy Birthday Dear Mum, Adewale Ajakanri
- The Blood is the Key, Matthew Buck
- Olwakho uthando, Phiwe Mbatha
- I rish this couldn't say it's R's, Mandolyn ...
- EVIL'S INEVITABLE, FAST, AND FREE FALL, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Doomed, Kyle Schlicher
- Memory Without Remorse, Kyle Schlicher
- Question Answered, Kyle Schlicher
- Spearmint Leaves, Saiom Shriver
- THIS LIFE IS UP-SIDE-DOWN هذه الحياة متك.., MOHAMMAD SKATI