Have you ever gazed at trees,
swaying in the fragrant breeze?
Sat beneath a mighty oak,
to feel as if you've just awoke?
Seen date trees arch to reach up high,
stretching palms to touch the sky?
Have you rested in a glade,
in the sweet cool summer shade?
Have you sat in child-like wonder
in a tree or mostly under?
When was it that you last tried,
to climb a tree to cry and hide?
Have blossoms from a laden tree,
showered on you like pink confetti?
When did you last touch the bark,
in a tangled jungled park?
When bowers bend in benediction,
are you filled with sweet conviction,
of the Maker of these mighty trees,
that bring us down on bended knees..?
Now if you haven't, listen to me,
Log off now and find your tree...
Roann Mendriq's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Tree love by Roann Mendriq )
Did you read them?
- It calls your name., Harold R Hunt Sr
- Dogs, Cinzia Wills
- Interminable Wanderer, Cinzia Wills
- The Sky, Harold R Hunt Sr
- That part of your heart, Rolfy Dsilva
- The letter puzzle., Harold R Hunt Sr
- I am Sorry, Md. Ziaul Haque
- If it wasn't for country music, Harold R Hunt Sr
- I Really Can't…, Md. Ziaul Haque
- We Hear but do We Listen?, Md. Ziaul Haque
Poem of the Day
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
- Heather Burns
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Albert Guest
(20 August 1881 - 5 August 1959)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)