Have you ever gazed at trees,
swaying in the fragrant breeze?
Sat beneath a mighty oak,
to feel as if you've just awoke?
Seen date trees arch to reach up high,
stretching palms to touch the sky?
Have you rested in a glade,
in the sweet cool summer shade?
Have you sat in child-like wonder
in a tree or mostly under?
When was it that you last tried,
to climb a tree to cry and hide?
Have blossoms from a laden tree,
showered on you like pink confetti?
When did you last touch the bark,
in a tangled jungled park?
When bowers bend in benediction,
are you filled with sweet conviction,
of the Maker of these mighty trees,
that bring us down on bended knees..?
Now if you haven't, listen to me,
Log off now and find your tree...
Roann Mendriq's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Tree love by Roann Mendriq )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Simple Thought, Tim Holmes Jr
- A Glowing Angel, Rohit Sapra
- Fire Balls, Alem Hailu Gabre Kristos
- AL-KATTAB (A PLACE USED TO BE AN ALTERNA.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- I lack true knowledge, gajanan mishra
- THE INEVITABLE DEATH, AMADU KAMARA
- I failed to, gajanan mishra
- essay # i'll never know, gordon nosworthy
- I See The Sun, Pijush Biswas
- Variety of doors!, Dr.V.K. Kanniappan