TREE OF LIGHT DANCES
Pursuit of otherness died
with you, from sameness.
It was a blind chemistry.
The cancellation of consciousness
did not lead to peace.
In the name of freedom
we destroyed our relations.
The shadow of sphinx always overlook us,
shaping bare bones.
Epic symbols gave you
the infinity of after life.
You grope in dark
to find the future
and present suffers in austerity.
The space between inner and outer body widens.
Something has to be done
to provoke the legends to become the evidence.
You adore a conclusion
it never changes. Images differ,
myths and symbols make a dry sound.
The silence is wrenched into a seizure,
falling into the emptiness of tomorrow.
Unreasonable thrust of color
does not alter the darkness of blood
and song. Tree of light dances.
Satish Verma's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (TREE OF LIGHT DANCES by Satish Verma )
- Free on the Breeze, Thomas Plotz
- Gather strength, hasmukh amathalal
- INDIA! INDIA!, dr.k.g.balakrishnan kandangath
- Morning, Sara Hopkins
- My India (Hindi) भारत अपना, S.D. TIWARI
- from 'The Double' VIII, Morgan Michaels
- MY DOLL, Ritusmera Mundakkal
- Hope and promises, hasmukh amathalal
- September Rain, Musfiq us shaleheen
- Elusive Is Zen, Tad Russell
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- Alone, Maya Angelou
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
William Carlos Williams
(17 September 1883 – 4 March 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)