TREES DIE STANDING UP
Have you ever contemplated about a tree?
How strong, beautiful and sturdy?
That they stand during all of the seasons
they are just there to just be...
they are not like humans with reasons...
Their branches are like our limbs
they are more like us then bugs who have wings.
We mostly die laying down.
Trees die standing up, up, up...
unless they fall down...
by lighting or a human's hand
they only have good emotions I understand
stand, stand, stand...
More humans should be like trees
who are bringers of light...
they help us on the planet with our life
for they have feelings so treat them right.
So acknowledge them day and night.
Written by Christina Sunrise on July 3,2014
Christina Sunrise's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (TREES DIE STANDING UP by Christina Sunrise )
- Who will save me, Mustapha Muinah
- The Nigerian Politician, Joseph Ogbonna
- The lonely sun..., veeraiyah subbulakshmi
- Textman, Naveed Khalid
- सिरि मोनथाम, Ronjoy Brahma
- Mother-land I weep for thee, Joseph Ogbonna
- Mother Teresa and I, SANDIP GOSWAMI
- Still Here, silenced work
- A Village Girl, Naveed Khalid
- A Song Of Harp, Naveed Khalid
Poem of the Day
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Trees, Joyce Kilmer
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Stars, Joyce Kilmer
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)