It was a day like any other
in a month so cold my laptop froze.
Again I heard my lawyer's voice demand
'Call me'- citing a number
which after a while I dialed;
reaching his machine,
I left an equally terse reply.
A day like any other. Ring, ring!
Dialing the number leaked by *69,
I reached my sordid brother
who denied, then admitted, phoning by error.
In a less-than-usual time
we fell into a row. He hung up.
Next, on this in-no-way-dissimilar day: Ring! 'Hi'.
Would I hear of Jamaica', drawled the recruiter-
the town, of course, not the island?
There were clear possibilities in the Bronx
But Albany's an open door.
I'll keep you posted', he pledged.
'Thanks for the CV, by the way'.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Troubles by Morgan Michaels )
- Wow Suddenly! ! ! ....., Michael P. Johnson
- Wonder World, Sentamu Aziz
- Where Do You Think To Be....., Michael P. Johnson
- Who To Blame, Sentamu Aziz
- The Girl of My Dreams, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Ocean of Dreams, Bill Cantrell
- My Ego & my Wife, Laxman Rao
- Seed of Revenge, Oduro Bright Amoh
- In The Blue, Spiritwind Wood
- Love me when I am afraid to lust, Nancy Handabile
Poem of the Day
- Nettles, Vernon Scannell
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Sonnet 14 - If thou must love me, let it.., Elizabeth Barrett Browning
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- HAPPY TEACHER'S DAY, Vivek Tiwari
- Warning, Jenny Joseph
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 April 1918 – 27 February 2002)
- Heather Burns
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Udiah (witness to Yah)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)