Truckers Be Aware
Riding my bike, hair and helmet to the wind,
I was going to visit a dear ol friend,
A trucker turned that curve dragging me to the ground,
he was not paying attention to the other drivers around
2and1/2 miles later appeared my angel in disguise,
making the driver pull over, making him aware and wise
My life was battered by this mistake so great,
leaving me to wonder what was to be my fate,
Call the ambulance; for, I need one now!
How could this happen Lord, please, tell me how?
I lay still on the ground broken and torn,
I hurt so bad; Lord, It even hurt to mourn
Ambulance carried me away on a stretcher, sirens and lights ablaze,
I barely had a memory; for, everything was like a maze!
Motorcyclists are human; so, please be aware,
Enter and exit interstates with caution and care!
Kelley Collins's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
friends bones and really hurt him severely. He also let the insurance
run out on his truck before he hurt this friend.
A very unfortunate day for all involved. My friend was in hospital over 7 mos.He was lucky to live through that truckers lack of caution and care for other drivers around him.
In a way this friend is a hero to me. he is definitely a survivor
Comments about this poem (Truckers Be Aware by Kelley Collins )
- A Poet, Angela K Brown
- Let us dream, hasmukh amathalal
- Iron Gates, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Mental Illness, Angela K Brown
- The Unknown Person, Angela K Brown
- Austere Offices, Angela K Brown
- Grandma's Hands, Angela K Brown
- For the Colored Girl, Angela K Brown
- Dark Skin, Angela K Brown
- Na Na, Angela K Brown
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- Morning, Paul Laurence Dunbar
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
- Heather Burns