Ace Of Black Hearts
Trying To Escape That Which Is Within.
Even with the sun shinning.
There is no resolution.
A story book conclusion.
Broken and lonesome.
The whispers hold secrets that need to be divulged.
A dark desire from the blood lust of vampire.
Creature of the night, burns upon the day light.
From flesh to bones something is always missed.
Does the heart truly stop beating?
Trying to speak and the only thing that comes out is a mere hiss.
It's not who I am.
A man not one of the damn.
Hell has no fury like the present.
The past is already forgotten or is it?
A candle light vigil in ones mind.
Remembering only the good times.
A deluded illusion.
A vacuum full of pollution.
It is trying escape.
Trying to take.
Like a plant rooted and ready to grow from inside of the naked seed.
But it needs, something left to be found.
A lost puppy looking for his master.
A heartaches disaster.
Tear down the previous walls and put up the plaster.
If love can't be found within one must look outside.
A forked road with no direction.
Never made it there because I got lost at the intersection.
A confession to a prison.
I gave you the key and you locked me up in.
And even with door open I would not know what to do.
Because it is the only life I have ever known.
Isolations protections, and projections.
They're still infecting me.
And nothing you do can save me.
Ace Of Black Hearts's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Trying To Escape That Which Is Within. by Ace Of Black Hearts )
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
Dante Gabriel Rossetti
(12 May 1828 – 9 April 1882)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Bluebird, Charles Bukowski
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Death is Nothing at All, Henry Scott Holland
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
Poem of the Day
- The Golden Swan, Ghana Green Poetry Foundation
- As a passer-bye, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Love is Blue, Ghana Green Poetry Foundation
- Song of Yuletide Night, Sir Toby Moses
- Another Jungle Pool, Denis Martindale
- Buy Me, My Love, Tom Navarro
- Words mean nothing, Angie Sous
- Not for his sake ليس من اجله, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Final Destination, Tushar Ray
- Our city's curfew, MOHAMMAD SKATI