:) Two Young Women Starting Well
Two young women starting well
How high they will finish we can not tell
Nor is this the ultimate thing
That makes the hearts of many who know them swell.
It is something special for an old heart to sing
Some deep bell even beyond their beauty rings
It may be they touch a chord of hope
In a world where to corners many it will fling.
It is not these lines where No! plays nope
It is just perhaps a glimmer of hope
That though their paths will surely greatly differ
Sometimes someone decent just seems destined for success.
Bill Grace's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (:) Two Young Women Starting Well by Bill Grace )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- I, Me, Mine, Manisha parmar
- My Silver Dime, Is It Poetry
- Cavern, Morgan Michaels
- Lumber Jack Dupree, Denis Bourgeau
- this is for you...or whatever, Mandolyn ...
- O Seductress Of Mine, Folayemi Akande
- if the sun blows up, come find me, Mandolyn ...
- Midnight (i), binod bastola
- summer at grub street, lee fones
- Facebook, Phil Soar