If you could see into my heart
And through my very soul,
You'd find a world of emptiness
Of pain I can't control.
This anguish only you can mend
You'll pacify my fears;
My unknown love, my hope, my wish,
Please, won't you dry my tears?
I love you, though we've never met
I'm not sure when we will;
An expectation gone unfulfilled
Can make a person ill.
I dream of you both night and day,
I long to see your face;
For where your features ought to be -
A question mark's in its place.
Thoughts of you can bring me joy,
But equally great pain;
While a thought may pass by fleetingly,
The loneliness remains.
I want a partner to stand by me
As both our lives we share;
I want to know that I am loved,
I need to feel secure.
I'll share your joys and triumphs,
Rejoice when you are glad;
And I want to be the shoulder
That you lean on when you're sad.
I want to know you through and through,
I want you to know me;
Ever-tightening our bond
That gains strength through loyalty.
I've waited patiently so long
And though we're worlds apart;
Step out my dreams into my arms,
Relieve my aching heart.
I live my life half-aimlessly
I'm waiting still, for you;
Please, come and end my misery
And make my dreams come true
destiny tatum's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (unknown love by destiny tatum )
- When Life Turns Topsyturvy, Toshie Nohara
- Oneiros, Don Prem Legaspi
- Ah, me!, Frank Avon
- The man and the mirror, Melikhaya Zagagana
- Restive journey away from home, Melikhaya Zagagana
- Paralysis Agitans, Steve Lang
- Think Me On That Train, Susan Lacovara
- Lovers, Tex T Sarnie
- The Big Picture, Tex T Sarnie
- You fill me, hasmukh amathalal
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- A Man's a Man for A' That, Robert Burns
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- 1914 V: The Soldier, Rupert Brooke
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns