It was time to bid you, good bye.
Tears in my eyes knew,
It’s inability to hold you back.
Still like monsoon rain,
It showered, till
The reality was absorbed in my mind.
You moved on since then,
But, why couldn’t I?
No more song of suffering
Now I want to scream in joy.
No more shadow of cloud,
Even the happiness cloys.
Enough of this close room,
Let the walls come down.
Let my vision, be filled with green
Remove all pale and brown.
Let me stand beneath the sky;
Open arms like spread out wings
Let me think, that I can fly.
Kingshuk Chakraborty's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Unshackle by Kingshuk Chakraborty )
Ella Wheeler Wilcox
(5 November 1850 - 30 October 1919)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Alfred Lord Tennyson
(6 August 1809 – 6 October 1892)
William Cullen Bryant
(November 3, 1794 – June 12, 1878)
Harivansh Rai Bachchan
(27 November 1907 – 18 January 2003)
(10 February 1970-)
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Solitary Reaper, William Wordsworth
- If you really don't want me in your life., Beautiful Lie
- Cleanliness and Happiness, chandra thiagarajan
- Jiske Dhun Par Duniya Nache, Kumar Vishwas
- I Am the Only Being Whose Doom, Emily Jane Brontë
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Bluebird, Charles Bukowski
- Andhere Kaa Deepak, Harivansh Rai Bachchan
- I love boobs, Randy Johnson
Poem of the Day
- The Lifelong Comrades, Muhammad Farhan Ahmed
- LAST TIME, Terry Collett
- Another Toll By Death, Tony Adah
- I have always thought about life, Sumita Jetley
- I MISS YOU DAD, Sharen Suren
- Roses Red, Coral, Blue, Muhammad Farhan Ahmed
- A Night Thought, Luo Zhihai
- B day, hasmukh amathalal
- Nothing worth to be Found Right, Meriam Joseph
- Mr. right, hasmukh amathalal