It was time to bid you, good bye.
Tears in my eyes knew,
It’s inability to hold you back.
Still like monsoon rain,
It showered, till
The reality was absorbed in my mind.
You moved on since then,
But, why couldn’t I?
No more song of suffering
Now I want to scream in joy.
No more shadow of cloud,
Even the happiness cloys.
Enough of this close room,
Let the walls come down.
Let my vision, be filled with green
Remove all pale and brown.
Let me stand beneath the sky;
Open arms like spread out wings
Let me think, that I can fly.
Kingshuk Chakraborty's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Unshackle by Kingshuk Chakraborty )
- Lost, zheung kyuhkoh
- Fall down, lonely, zheung kyuhkoh
- Mission: Fission Or Fusion, Aftab Alam
- My broken heart Transcends, Emmanuel George Cefai
- Red face, Emmanuel George Cefai
- There be a whole civilization, Emmanuel George Cefai
- Under the Flag of Civilization, Emmanuel George Cefai
- United in flying, Emmanuel George Cefai
- Poet Seer in parable., Emmanuel George Cefai
- There was a Poet Seer and the people gat.., Emmanuel George Cefai
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Acquainted with the Night, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)