UPON THY SERVANT'S CHILD
Upon thy servants child declare a blessing immortal
And destroy all hell's missions against his frail life,
Such as dearth of coins and general wherewithal,
And these never-ending battles and strife.
In your universal errands Father see that you don't forget
His lofty burdens of transgressions and spiritual debt
That he has to pay the heavens for their endowment,
And the world for its bite and torment.
Ordain indestructible greatness upon thy servant's child
That no moth can devor nor the sun away can wither,
Calm in him all the spirits wild
And shield him against all the rigors of unfavorable weather.
Hannington Mumo's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (UPON THY SERVANT'S CHILD by Hannington Mumo )
(1 February 1878 - 3 May 1916)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(22 August 1893 - 7 June 1967)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Love, Sarah Flower Adams
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Woman Work, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
Poem of the Day
- Mother's helplessness., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- A Lesson of Patriotism, rohan bendre
- Pen-and-Ink, hafiz qasim
- Destroyer and Preserver, hafiz qasim
- My Time, Kyle Schlicher
- TEACHER, Shachi Kaul
- Jackals cleverness., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Gibberish, hafiz qasim
- Child Of Mine, Kyle Schlicher
- My Heart Is Heavy, Kyle Schlicher