Marianna Jo Arolin
His clothes, a bit shabby,
He has holes in his shoes.
The hat on his head
Looks downright abused.
He whistles an old tune,
Thought he'd set for a spell,
Has a pocketful of pennies
For the wishin' well.
He sits on a park bench
With that gleam in his eye,
Just thinkin' up wishes
His pennies can buy.
When his pocket is empty
He looks quite content,
With the dream's he's purchased
For just a few cents.
We can't live on wishes
But, that vagabond dreamer
Always seens to get by.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Vagabond Dreamer by Marianna Jo Arolin )
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
- Christina Georgina Rossetti
- I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- The Three Kings, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Merry Christmas My Love, Michael P. McParland
- Christmas Spirit, Paul Moosberg
- 'My Christmas Prayer' (For all who have .., Linda Winchell
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- Failure of Communion, Judith Wright
Poem of the Day
- Boat race., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Shall I Compare Thee 2, Kim Barney
- Salt on Watermelon 2, Kim Barney
- I Know, I Believe, Kim Hilliker
- I Will, Michael P. McParland
- Rooftop Stronghold 2, Kim Barney
- I Want To Wake Up, Michael P. McParland
- Road Warriors, Charles Wright
- The Human Quagmire, Lukas Sotola
- Lunacy, Lukas Sotola