Espen Øye Bjørkvold
Valentine Card To An Old Widow
This is probably not the best day,
you have ever had.
Maybe this is the day your husband died,
your childrens dad.
This is probably a heavy day for you,
so many pink cards.
Delivered in beautiful heart shaped baskets,
in young girls backyards.
I however, thought of you.
and gave you this note,
I hope you can be happy,
and warm feeling’s not for you remote.
If you dwell in memories,
of valentines days in the past.
I am sure in our heart,
warmth will appear at last.
Espen Øye Bjørkvold's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Valentine Card To An Old Widow by Espen Øye Bjørkvold )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- OUR STREETS شوارعنا, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- The Cure For Winter Blues, Doris Beaulieu
- Tractor Pulls (Poem), Doris Beaulieu
- What It Would Take, David Whalen
- ASHES IN THE EYES, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- الجناس, Abdullah alHemaidy
- world, Samuel Temidayo
- A Carl Andre Sampler, Paul Geiger
- OUR FALLEN LEAVES اوراقنا المتساقطة, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Nothing to my sleep!, Gedion Onyango