Espen Øye Bjørkvold
Valentine Card To An Old Widow
This is probably not the best day,
you have ever had.
Maybe this is the day your husband died,
your childrens dad.
This is probably a heavy day for you,
so many pink cards.
Delivered in beautiful heart shaped baskets,
in young girls backyards.
I however, thought of you.
and gave you this note,
I hope you can be happy,
and warm feeling’s not for you remote.
If you dwell in memories,
of valentines days in the past.
I am sure in our heart,
warmth will appear at last.
Espen Øye Bjørkvold's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Valentine Card To An Old Widow by Espen Øye Bjørkvold )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- last day, Ewa Busayourmi
- Some soft feelings, Lalitha Narayanan
- Bonfire, Naveed Khalid
- A Friend's Promise, diana rose tolentino
- A poem-letter to my friends..., PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- In the summer..., Cyndi K. Encinares Gacosta
- Melbs, David McLean Mathews
- At Somnolence's Border, Cyndi K. Encinares Gacosta
- naam, anikesh wats
- show me how a comet showers, Mandolyn ...