Victory is Advancement
Heavy rains beat branches and roots
Of massive trees and tiny shoots
Mighty winds seek to carry them away
Both great and small are their prey
A forest expands its life giving community
By defiantly standing in the oneness of unity
Saplings suckle rain from the canopy's expanse
The wind's beaten back by the tight knit stance
In the toughest times leaves fall and feed
Developing seeds with the richest nutrients they desperately need
Thus the weakest grow to profound splendor
No longer the the protected but the courageous defender
Of newness and likewise the noble ancients
Those coming and going from this existance.
Tim caffery's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Victory is Advancement by Tim caffery )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- only Dfence against the rythym - Boi, sEaN nOrTh
- गोरबो इसिँनिफ्राइ -42, Ronjoy Brahma
- Clubfoot, Rachel Todd Wetzsteon
- Cabaret Ludwig, Rachel Todd Wetzsteon
- love is, Gicaniro Will
- गोरबो इसिँनिफ्राइ -41, Ronjoy Brahma
- Prayer and love, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Not to be in surplus, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Volunteers, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- गोरबो इसिँनिफ्राइ -39, Ronjoy Brahma