saadat tahir (21011965 / Islamabad-Pakistan)
Virgin Sheets… 1201-2k14
When darkness spreads its veil
the night its many pains
When light no more shines
upon shadows the demon reigns
Bare days merge in useless chore
night lays bare its many harms
When fears they grip the heart
So the bed with its thorny arms
When yearnings pierce the mind
Pain throbs in feet blisters corns
When spells and howls echo
Witches shriek their evil charms
When lonely times spent already
play endless in colorless forms
Then unmet wishes freeze in sighs
soak virgin sheets in happy dorms
Then a dazed feeling takes root
that the twain shall never meet
A wish echoes in the empty heart,
go, vanish, be unseen like a dying beat
Poet Other Poems
- A Date with mem-Sahib...History with che...
- A Life Went Wrong.......the denial of li...
- A Place called HOME......the eldely infi...
- A spur of the moment challenge.... :)
- A Stretch in the Park
- A thousand wishes so…(T) 1711**
- A walk with maid Merriam.....merry with ...
- Across The Graveyard, A Wind Flays
- Again and again......(Lothario's lisp)
- Al-Ghadafa! ….2502 (in support of the Li...
- Along a wandering wind… 2903-2k13
- Amidst infernos ablaze….0701-2k12
- Anathema.......racist chisms
- Angel feet….1907
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Angel feet….1907 by saadat tahir )
People who read saadat tahir also read
Top 500 Poems
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley