Onwuasoanya FCC Jones
Vulgarity At Dawn
The day is fresh on this campus,
Exams fast approaching,
Mathematics fast learned,
By mathematicians still learning.
Theories and axioms fast crammed,
By philosophers still in the offing.
Anatomy quickly studied,
By medical professionals still on training.
Mimesis taken serious by actors still amateur,
Life, ethics and the society well observed,
By theatre trainees well serious.
'Those flaccid breast of hers,
Too weak to weaken my thirst'.
They aren't flaccid, quite turgid,
As turgid as that of a virgin', interjects another.
So begin some unwholesome polemics,
Vulgarity in words and defiling utterances,
From supposed sanctity sticklers.
Sexual innuendoes a watch word,
Lewd jokes to taint or attract,
another man's wife or sister.
Lascivious their attitude toward all women.
Ta ta tam, ta ta tam, ta ta tam,
Exams are set to be taken.
Books copied, papers hidden, notes torn, text books stolen.
A crash preparation for a 14 week program.
Into the hall they must all go,
And exams must be taken.
Peeping and girraffing from those,
Who the right choice made.
Soon they will be caught and out they must go.
Rustication may be their fate.
Just because they made a choice.
Reading and learning till dawn,
Vulgarizing at dawn!
Onwuasoanya FCC Jones's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Vulgarity At Dawn by Onwuasoanya FCC Jones )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
Harivansh Rai Bachchan
(27 November 1907 – 18 January 2003)
(1644 - 1694)
(August 19, 1902 – May 19, 1971)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Boy Who Laughed At Santa Claus, Ogden Nash
- The Eagle, Alfred Lord Tennyson
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- Poem-Spectator, Tushar Ray
- True Love Never Dies, lou parks
- Untitled VII, Sierra Staten
- The unblamenesses allay wounds, Pijush Biswas
- I Move, So I Am, Tanja Henderson
- Life Dances, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- Looking Kyle In the Eyes, Kyle Schlicher
- Besten Dank für den Gruss, Wolfgang Steinmann
- Birthday poem, Wala' Qamhieh
- If you want to be my inspirer, Elius Rubby