Onwuasoanya FCC Jones
Vulgarity At Dawn
The day is fresh on this campus,
Exams fast approaching,
Mathematics fast learned,
By mathematicians still learning.
Theories and axioms fast crammed,
By philosophers still in the offing.
Anatomy quickly studied,
By medical professionals still on training.
Mimesis taken serious by actors still amateur,
Life, ethics and the society well observed,
By theatre trainees well serious.
'Those flaccid breast of hers,
Too weak to weaken my thirst'.
They aren't flaccid, quite turgid,
As turgid as that of a virgin', interjects another.
So begin some unwholesome polemics,
Vulgarity in words and defiling utterances,
From supposed sanctity sticklers.
Sexual innuendoes a watch word,
Lewd jokes to taint or attract,
another man's wife or sister.
Lascivious their attitude toward all women.
Ta ta tam, ta ta tam, ta ta tam,
Exams are set to be taken.
Books copied, papers hidden, notes torn, text books stolen.
A crash preparation for a 14 week program.
Into the hall they must all go,
And exams must be taken.
Peeping and girraffing from those,
Who the right choice made.
Soon they will be caught and out they must go.
Rustication may be their fate.
Just because they made a choice.
Reading and learning till dawn,
Vulgarizing at dawn!
Onwuasoanya FCC Jones's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Vulgarity At Dawn by Onwuasoanya FCC Jones )
- Nigeria Arise and Save thyself, Henry Isiekwe
- Not a minute or a day too late or soon, Mark Heathcote
- Little makes a lot, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- In For A Penny, In For A Buck, Noah Body
- Shriveled Up Inside A Rose, Is It Poetry
- Meditation, Robert Eckstein
- হে নারী, Md. Ziaul Haque
- অনিন্দ্য সৌন্দর্য তোমার, Md. Ziaul Haque
- তুমি আসবে যদি জানতাম আগে, Md. Ziaul Haque
- আমি প্রতিদিন লিখতে চাই, Md. Ziaul Haque
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Raven, Edgar Allan Poe
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- "Hope" is the thing with feathers, Emily Dickinson
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Heather Burns
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(22 March 1941 -)