Warmongers be Aware!
War is a crude game of created crisis –
protecting oneself under firearms' aegis.
War is a calamity of grooming soldiers
Out of cowards' hidden thirst of power.
Camouflage of greed has reached its tower,
Unmasking its motive is the need of the hour;
Maimed from the lands of war put into a hospice,
Warmongers get prepared for an overdue nemesis.
On earth war lingers keeping all bothered,
Concern for mankind being so often tortured.
Devils by their craven and spineless act
Have ruthlessly brought war on earth in fact.
Promoters of war need some vile sycophants
As clients to ratify war, a bloody vengeance –
Pleas that they argue are just all concocted,
Force of violence keeps weakness shrouded.
Weakness of others considered best by the fools
They achieve their goals exploiting this tool,
Days are not far when hatred would shower
Making you warmongers bankrupt of power.
Gautam Sen's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Warmongers be Aware! by Gautam Sen )
- Thankful For You KP, Michael McParland
- My Baby She's Flying, Little Eagle McGowan
- Change with quality, hasmukh amathalal
- Alone, Emily Krauss
- Hope, Emily Krauss
- Behavior speaks, hasmukh amathalal
- Holding The Sunlight, Emily Krauss
- Good but naughty, hasmukh amathalal
- Cool Storms, Emily Krauss
- Total Cigarette, Emily Krauss
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- A Poison Tree, William Blake
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1644 - 1694)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)