Warmongers be Aware!
War is a crude game of created crisis –
protecting oneself under firearms' aegis.
War is a calamity of grooming soldiers
Out of cowards' hidden thirst of power.
Camouflage of greed has reached its tower,
Unmasking its motive is the need of the hour;
Maimed from the lands of war put into a hospice,
Warmongers get prepared for an overdue nemesis.
On earth war lingers keeping all bothered,
Concern for mankind being so often tortured.
Devils by their craven and spineless act
Have ruthlessly brought war on earth in fact.
Promoters of war need some vile sycophants
As clients to ratify war, a bloody vengeance –
Pleas that they argue are just all concocted,
Force of violence keeps weakness shrouded.
Weakness of others considered best by the fools
They achieve their goals exploiting this tool,
Days are not far when hatred would shower
Making you warmongers bankrupt of power.
Gautam Sen's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Warmongers be Aware! by Gautam Sen )
- Why do we need friends, Bineeta Kharga
- My Body ain't a Lab, it's a Temple. Wors.., Kimani wa Mumbi
- Black Pine Tree In An Orange Light, Sylvia Plath
- treasure and love, sultan mahmud
- Gulliver, Sylvia Plath
- Dare to speak out loud, SREEJITH KULAPARAMBIL
- All Were You, SREEJITH KULAPARAMBIL
- A Winter Ship, Sylvia Plath
- थिरिँ बिरिँ #06, Ronjoy Brahma
- Yadwigha, On A Red Couch, Among Lillies, Sylvia Plath