Watching behind a book
I see him get ahold
Of the book about
Our numerous wars
I do not like wars.
It's just not my thing.
He has reached
For the book
Of World Peace.
In harmony and peaceful.
That is more like it.
I glance his way
My own book...
He caught me.
I better return
To my previous page
and watch him
from a safe distance.
Unintelligible Susurration's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Watching behind a book by Unintelligible Susurration )
- A doggerel ounce!, Sreeram Vasudevan
- THE COME BACK., Terry Collett
- The smell that brought back memories, Sneha R.V
- About Me, Sreeram Vasudevan
- Maturity, RAJESH.C BOSE
- Exhausted, Paola Degli Esposti
- Emptiness, michael walkerjohn
- Invisible Love, Kumarmani Mahakul
- When Fishes Flew, Gilbert Keith Chesterton
- Restricted And Limited, Lawrence S. Pertillar
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Home And Love, Robert William Service
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Jiske Dhun Par Duniya Nache, Kumar Vishwas
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(16 April 1918 – 27 February 2002)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)