We Can Build
We can build a nonsensical man
So that ideas become a reduction,
The increase in sin is expertly done,
The symbols of a whitewall are absolute.
We can sell a dozen dreams to lords
Overpowering us in ways too definite.
I want to know when the ideas are innocent,
Like the sowing of seeds and laughing of animals.
The cacophony of monkeys dominates the scene,
A police man has appeared to be my side.
The monkeys are apes of criminal sort,
Little have they known and believed.
The build of a man exercises him,
A crime has elated the women,
But men seem to differ and resolve
Important distinctions by themselves.
Women have been builders of atoms
And men are like apes of the buildings.
Naveed Akram's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (We Can Build by Naveed Akram )
- Digging well, gajanan mishra
- The father... dominating figure, hasmukh amathalal
- Fading Love, Saturday Chikezie Promise
- Walk Away, Saturday Chikezie Promise
- Be Calm and Cool, Aftab Alam
- Saying I Do, Saturday Chikezie Promise
- A SONG FOR YOU, Saturday Chikezie Promise
- Quick-Sand, Saturday Chikezie Promise
- this day, sheade rudman
- Love Always, Saturday Chikezie Promise
Poem of the Day
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
Robert William Service
(16 January 1874 - 11 September 1958)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)