We Dig Graves
Our past and future are the same,
The river of pain and pleasure,
That flows through is the same,
The soil, the crops and the colour
Of sunlight are the same too,
On both sides similar people live,
And we fight unconcluded fights.
What a victory! What a defeat!
Only Man suffers in the fight of ego.
O! Our common enemy,
Torment us no more, just to please you
We are digging,
Our graves with our own hands.
(Contents are derived from the Ghazal of Dr. Jawaz Jaffri and converted into English poem by Muhammad Shanazar)
Muhammad Shanazar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (We Dig Graves by Muhammad Shanazar )
- Water has central place, hasmukh amathalal
- Sunset, Littlewing28 Pani
- what is kinte, kinte allah
- Peace Inside, Spiritwind Wood
- how far can i go on?, fareeha ghafoor
- I came to you, Gert Strydom
- The days that are past, Gert Strydom
- When morning is BEST, Antonio Liao
- clear color, Howard MacDougall
- A festival...., PARTHA SARATHI PAUL