We Dig Graves
Our past and future are the same,
The river of pain and pleasure,
That flows through is the same,
The soil, the crops and the colour
Of sunlight are the same too,
On both sides similar people live,
And we fight unconcluded fights.
What a victory! What a defeat!
Only Man suffers in the fight of ego.
O! Our common enemy,
Torment us no more, just to please you
We are digging,
Our graves with our own hands.
(Contents are derived from the Ghazal of Dr. Jawaz Jaffri and converted into English poem by Muhammad Shanazar)
Muhammad Shanazar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (We Dig Graves by Muhammad Shanazar )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- If a Hippo Said Boo, Stephen Katona
- Real, The Princess
- Poetic Journey, Sandra Feldman
- Start Afresh, Tirupathi Chandrupatla
- I Am, Luc Leclaire
- PTSD, Jennifer Matthews
- The House On Mountain Peek, StarrLee Waterman
- Damaged Heart, StarrLee Waterman
- Wandering Lost Souls Homeless Outcasts, Terence G. Craddock
- one door, binod bastola