Dorothy (Alves) Holmes (Baltimore, Maryland)
We Said Goodbye
We said goodbye
Long before this final farewell.
My heart once cold to any thought
Retraces the path we took to love
So long ago.
I shed a tear for those fond memories,
And fight through the veil of time and space
That came between us.
I call no name to blame,
I will not curse the
Time lost that might have been.
Farewell to you once loved so dearlly,
How did we forget the forever of it?
I scatter you on the wind and wings
Of my memories.
Some day I shall
Poet Other Poems
- #132 Haiku Fall's Party Crasher
- #136 Haiku Fan Dancers
- #137 Haiku The Bather
- #142 Haiku-A Patch of Heaven
- #143 Haiku-Lover's Moon
- #145 Haiku-Pastels of Spring
- #147 Haiku-It's All About Love
- #150 Haiku-Nature's Portrait
- #151 Haiku-Artist's Quest
- #152 Haiku-Water Colors
- #153 Haiku Ecru Clouds
- #154 Haiku Seagull
- #157 Haiku After The Rain
- #158 Haiku Where There Is Love
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.