Dorothy (Alves) Holmes
We Said Goodbye
We said goodbye
Long before this final farewell.
My heart once cold to any thought
Retraces the path we took to love
So long ago.
I shed a tear for those fond memories,
And fight through the veil of time and space
That came between us.
I call no name to blame,
I will not curse the
Time lost that might have been.
Farewell to you once loved so dearlly,
How did we forget the forever of it?
I scatter you on the wind and wings
Of my memories.
Some day I shall
Dorothy (Alves) Holmes's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (We Said Goodbye by Dorothy (Alves) Holmes )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Fight and War for Why?, Pintu Mahakul
- Life, Richard Lam
- From Dust To Dust, Neela Nath
- Long ago and far away., richard harris
- The Sisters Jayne, Randy McClave
- DIVINE FAITH & COMPASSION, Tom Zart
- THEY NAMED ME A NAUGHTY BOY كانوا ينادون.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Night, Apurva Prabhudesai
- MOTHER EARTH SANCTUARY CAFÉ, Suzae Chevalier
- Blazing Temples, Buxton Shippy