Dedicated to Nicole Denos
United we stand,
Divided we fall.
United we are friends,
Divided we are alone, we don’t fall.
United as one is the same as being one,
One falls they all fall in both places.
But what separates us from being united is the real problem,
For that that separates us is our weakness.
Hatred is the blade that cuts us,
Separates us, divides us,
But where the hatred comes from is our real weakness.
We need many reasons to love,
Just one to hate,
One small grain of sand can tip the scale,
Even if the side of love outnumbers hatred.
Hatred is ours, as humans we hate as one reason to love,
We love for reason to die.
Stepping first on the wrong foot,
Then correcting oneself,
Should we hate just for one minor infraction,
What if they open their heart, bleed mentally,
Speak freely for us,
Should we hate them,
No, we should give them a chance to start from where they are,
And if they fail our opinions are set free.
Let appearances not be a factor,
Let the inner-image be shown upon, beautiful as it is,
We care so much about how we look,
When really, we care about being able to talk about another,
We slice them into pieces,
It is up to them to tape themselves back together,
The marks still show, but they are fading,
They never will disappear,
But we can only hope.
We live as humans,
We die as mortals.
God has no opinion, he has authority,
Dying is a part of life,
But if one dies too soon, they wished it, for themselves,
We mourn, we pray, nothing can bring them back,
They live on in our memory,
But death is not the end,
Our legacy is the beginning.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Weaknesses by Ben Borkan )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Kriztan Rei Palces
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Over-Ripe Sushi, Yosa Buson
- Christmas Spirit, Paul Moosberg
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- On the Day of an Election, Ponniah Ganeshan
- Smiles All The Way (Repeat), DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- I Wander Lost, Shalom Freedman
- उसका ही अपमान करते हो uska hi apmaan, hasmukh amathalal
- In restless sea, gajanan mishra
- Christmas Is Here Tonight, Hebert Logerie
- खता करके, तुम्हारे द्वार पर, हर बार जाता.., Abhishek Omprakash Mishra
- Love Letter, Gillu Rahul
- Crystal Clear, Jason Summers
- SONG OF YULETIDE EVE, Sir Toby Moses