Dedicated to Nicole Denos
United we stand,
Divided we fall.
United we are friends,
Divided we are alone, we don’t fall.
United as one is the same as being one,
One falls they all fall in both places.
But what separates us from being united is the real problem,
For that that separates us is our weakness.
Hatred is the blade that cuts us,
Separates us, divides us,
But where the hatred comes from is our real weakness.
We need many reasons to love,
Just one to hate,
One small grain of sand can tip the scale,
Even if the side of love outnumbers hatred.
Hatred is ours, as humans we hate as one reason to love,
We love for reason to die.
Stepping first on the wrong foot,
Then correcting oneself,
Should we hate just for one minor infraction,
What if they open their heart, bleed mentally,
Speak freely for us,
Should we hate them,
No, we should give them a chance to start from where they are,
And if they fail our opinions are set free.
Let appearances not be a factor,
Let the inner-image be shown upon, beautiful as it is,
We care so much about how we look,
When really, we care about being able to talk about another,
We slice them into pieces,
It is up to them to tape themselves back together,
The marks still show, but they are fading,
They never will disappear,
But we can only hope.
We live as humans,
We die as mortals.
God has no opinion, he has authority,
Dying is a part of life,
But if one dies too soon, they wished it, for themselves,
We mourn, we pray, nothing can bring them back,
They live on in our memory,
But death is not the end,
Our legacy is the beginning.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Weaknesses by Ben Borkan )
- Waiting On God, Tom Zart
- Eunuch, arshad arshad
- Messengers Of The Heart, Tom Zart
- Letting Go, Phil Soar
- bury this six feet under your eyelids, Mandolyn ...
- Alighting From Despair, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Life Is Awakened, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Island Grassland, George Egba
- BEWILDERED, Joseph Ndawula
- Desert Flowers, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- The Rose that Grew from Concrete, Tupac Shakur
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- Heather Burns
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Udiah (witness to Yah)