Rommel Mark Dominguez Marchan
*WERE WE JUST BORN TOO LATE?
Who destroy the wilderness
of the wild?
who mourn the denuding
we, the descendants
Do we blame our exploiting ancestors?
Do we start reviving the wilderness?
Were we just born too late?
we, the last of all, should be the wilderness savers!
****** wriiten after the tragic flashflood in Tugbok district, Davao City,
Philipines that curtailed many lives and properties,30 June 2009.
Rommel Mark Dominguez Marchan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (*WERE WE JUST BORN TOO LATE? by Rommel Mark Dominguez Marchan )
- Life as gift, hasmukh amathalal
- The new and ugly SaykesPeko, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Dear Daughter, Dean Meredith
- That ugly frustration, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Dorian Gray, Nassy Fesharaki
- Reality Is, Esther Thornburg
- Our days are clearly well-known, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Life, samuel sannoh
- Blind, Blind, Naveed Khalid
- A ripple's life, Pradip Chattopadhyay
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
- Heather Burns