What are the twenty most beautiful things in the world?
A young woman who is trim, yet virtuous.
The eye of a duck that’s looking at you.
Still water beside a beach
Roses that haven’t begun to open.
My daughter’s face.
The shine on snow
The shine on a diamond
A chocolate offering from my husband
Clouds in different shades
A lace wedding dress
A red cardinal in my wild apple tree.
The sight of a cold can of Dr. Pepper when I crave it.
The splash of a dropp of water.
A chocolate cake that I can eat.
Rice that’s cooked perfectly
Tomatoes ready to be picked on the vine.
Twenty minutes to study before an exam
A new book by Stephen King
A blessing given by the pope.
Charlotte Ballard's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (What are the twenty most beautiful things in the world? by Charlotte Ballard )
- You, Arich Cole
- Remembered With The Best Thoughts Kept, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Never From You To Leave, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Perfect Balancing Of Creativity, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Remaining Respectful, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Loyal Friendship, Joseph T. Renaldi
- Invisible, Kimberly Joyce Roguis
- Separating Sorrow, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Subsequent Melody, Kimberly Joyce Roguis
- The Catalyst, Kimberly Joyce Roguis
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Footsteps of Angels, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)