What if the sky wasn't blue?
What if wishes didn't come true?
What if there was no me and you?
What if you didn't know your left from right shoe?
What if you did less than you attempted to?
What if you lose patience without further ado?
What if all animals were in the wild instead of in a zoo?
What if your preference was for old as much as new?
What if one and one didn't add up to two?
What if summarily distracted you used also rather than too?
What if a cow went woof instead of moo?
What if you preferred to say hallo rather than adieu?
What if you steadfastly refused to join a cue?
What if you were late in contravention of a curfew?
What if many was just as important as few?
What if you preserved instead of opt to renew?
What if you declined pressing charges so as not to sue?
What if your commitment caused for bone and sinew?
What if the morning grass lacked a cover of dew?
What if blossoms withered rather than grew?
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (What if by Hercolena Oliver )
- strange is the mindset!, Somanathan Iyer
- DREAMS........., Saturday Chikezie Promise
- For My Love, Saturday Chikezie Promise
- On pins and needles, gajanan mishra
- Soul's Poetry, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Images Of Thought, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- لماذا, ala rhmn
- Down below, GRANT FRASER
- لماذا, ala rhmn
- Branches Reaching, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
Poem of the Day
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Morning, Paul Laurence Dunbar
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Prayer Before Birth, Louis Macneice
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(15 April 1958)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)