What if the sky wasn't blue?
What if wishes didn't come true?
What if there was no me and you?
What if you didn't know your left from right shoe?
What if you did less than you attempted to?
What if you lose patience without further ado?
What if all animals were in the wild instead of in a zoo?
What if your preference was for old as much as new?
What if one and one didn't add up to two?
What if summarily distracted you used also rather than too?
What if a cow went woof instead of moo?
What if you preferred to say hallo rather than adieu?
What if you steadfastly refused to join a cue?
What if you were late in contravention of a curfew?
What if many was just as important as few?
What if you preserved instead of opt to renew?
What if you declined pressing charges so as not to sue?
What if your commitment caused for bone and sinew?
What if the morning grass lacked a cover of dew?
What if blossoms withered rather than grew?
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (What if by Hercolena Oliver )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Robert William Service
(16 January 1874 - 11 September 1958)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Rainer Maria Rilke
(4 December 1875 – 29 December 1926)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 November 1759 – 9 May 1805)
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Touched by an Angel, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
Poem of the Day
- Mack, Kim Barney
- Who Told You That?, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Two Friends, Kim Barney
- Happy Birthday, Jesus!, Mitta Xinindlu
- Paint my Souls, Jennifer Colyne Hall
- Logic in Rhyme 5, Kim Barney
- What about counry, hasmukh amathalal
- Heart on Fire, Jennifer Colyne Hall
- 'Tis a Somewhat Sad Christmas!, Dr John Celes
- Let me observe carefully, gajanan mishra