What If I Could...
What would my world be
If I have never been tempted?
Maybe I would be pure as dew
To see the silver linings;
Although my desire is this,
The world we live in will not allow it.
What if I could start over
To have only angels write on my mind,
Tempering my eyes to see only the holy?
Would my realities be heavenly,
Or even paradise?
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (What If I Could... by Buxton Shippy )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Wooden Footprints, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- New Migration Equilibriums Time Shift Es.., Terence G. Craddock
- bonnie to your clyde, Mandolyn ...
- Purpose Of Life!, Geetha Jayakumar
- Corridors, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- My Forever Crying Angel, Vlad Mutuleanu
- ThankYou!, Geetha Jayakumar
- let the wild rumpus start!, Mandolyn ...
- Day 28 of July 2014, Erica Borges
- Keep on the Sunny Side, Joseph Narusiewicz