What is love?
What is love?
“Who are you?
What you want?
Why in my bed? ”
At ninety, mother said.
“Oh mother, this is me
Your third son, ”
“Do not lie.”
“The best of Valentines
I got gift, the best one.
Once again she came home.”
Gary said and went on
You could feel his cry.
“Seventy five I am, she
I wash her and feed her.
She would do same for me.”
This came on CBC.
My heart fell
Lips opened with question
“What is love? ”
Like old wine
The best love
Sure grows with the time.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (What is love? by Nassy Fesharaki )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(30 October 1885 – 1 November 1972)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
Alfred Lord Tennyson
(6 August 1809 – 6 October 1892)
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Winter Solstice, Jacqueline C Nash
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- The Tiger, William Blake
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
Poem of the Day
- Recipe To Live, Asma Riaz Khan
- How Irritating, Margaret Alice Second
- Mind Over Matter (Scream), Joseph Archer
- Jesus among Us, michael hagwood
- Winterpoesie, Johann Joseph Clahsen
- Love the Spine, V P Mahur
- Vergißmeinnicht, Johann Joseph Clahsen
- Loving Lips, V P Mahur
- Am Winterwehr, Johann Joseph Clahsen
- Christmas Midnight - Christ - Mitternacht, Johann Joseph Clahsen