What is love?
What is love?
“Who are you?
What you want?
Why in my bed? ”
At ninety, mother said.
“Oh mother, this is me
Your third son, ”
“Do not lie.”
“The best of Valentines
I got gift, the best one.
Once again she came home.”
Gary said and went on
You could feel his cry.
“Seventy five I am, she
I wash her and feed her.
She would do same for me.”
This came on CBC.
My heart fell
Lips opened with question
“What is love? ”
Like old wine
The best love
Sure grows with the time.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (What is love? by Nassy Fesharaki )
- Shield, Suresh Dogra
- Silence, Daisy Pereira
- What Suspects Earn?, Chandan Ray
- Austin, Katherine Nordhaus
- Laughter, Jeannette Heywood
- The Jolly Beggars: A Cantata, Robert Burns
- Buoyant Boy, Jeannette Heywood
- Grief, Jeannette Heywood
- Ol' Pine Hill, Nate Morris
- Willie brew'd a Peck o' Maut, Robert Burns
Poem of the Day
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
- Heather Burns
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)