Bryan Thao Worra
What Is The Southeast Asian American Poem Of Tomorrow?
It is not hip hop,
Despite some hopes.
It is not slam.
It is not even an antipoem.
It is not the form
Of old Europeans or
The resurrected ghazal.
The authors' words, I must inform you,
Will not even resemble or recall
The old kwv txhiaj, ca dao or the __________,
Much to our parents' regrets,
Who pray among wats and steeples
For good grandchildren, lucky numbers
And doctors in the family.
If our lovely readers do
Not grow free, we will be
If our writing is too
Predictable, we will lie
In the ditches unsold.
If our words don't speak
What's in our souls and skulls,
We will forget ourselves,
Our bodies, our shapes,
And the true shape of the Southeast Asian
American poem of tomorrow will become
An exercise in modern myth.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (What Is The Southeast Asian American Poem Of Tomorrow? by Bryan Thao Worra )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- A Real Friend, Margaret Moran
- you're a vessel i want live on twelve mo.., Mandolyn ...
- Riff on Bruce's Post Card Love Affairs, David McLansky
- Eternal Thirst, Lora Colon
- When I look at you, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- Formalities Not Necessary, Margaret Moran
- two women, Nassy Fesharaki
- I have seen everywhere, gajanan mishra
- joe dassin, co the skipper
- Of Course, Sonya Annita Song