When I first met you
When I first met you,
My heart was beating so fast.
Each and every day,
I yearn for you,
Your sweet caresses,
When my confidence is not there,
Those thoughts were driving me nuts;
You were there to clear my doubts
And make me secure with your words and actions.
Praise God we will go to all the obstacles together,
I promise nothing can bring us down.
If ever that you would have changed,
It won’t change the fact that I will love you even in your worst.
Never the less, I will love you for who you are.
I will still stand by you and be with you until God knows when.
Deep down in my heart and yours,
We both know the answer very well.
I thank for the endless love and patience given by you all these while.
I could not ask any much more,
I am contented enough and grateful to have you by my side.
Without you in my life,
My life would be haywire and hanging as before.
I am indeed bless to have you,
We came this far.
We will be together until our goals achieved and so on.
Right from the bottom of my heart,
You are the one that I truly treasure the most.
And thank you for loving me just the way I am.
Rommel Filoteo's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (When I first met you by Rommel Filoteo )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Silver Roses, Rachel Todd Wetzsteon
- Temptation, Jon M. Nelson
- Hope For The Day, Nisarg Sukhadeve
- How Do They Speak Now? Have You? Dad, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Severity, Edward Kofi Louis
- Anne's Confession, Folayemi Akande
- Seen In One Of Them, Edward Kofi Louis
- My Solace In Poetry, Jesus James Llorico
- Pioneer, Edward Kofi Louis
- Prime Truth - 72, Pranab K. Chakraborty