When the Minds that Hold the Memory of You and I and Now
When you and I are dead
a generation down.
They will think about us
and for a time will try
to understand what
moved us in our day
When we are the
another generation down.
Some will still think about us
what we liked and loved and said
When the minds
that hold the memory
of you, and I, and now,
held in the memory
of Dear Departed minds
When we are the smaller part
of shadows or of smoke.
Will we matter
more or less
when we simply
or will we matter
any less than
had we never been
Sean Joyce's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (When the Minds that Hold the Memory of You and I and Now by Sean Joyce )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Shiv and Shakti, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Love Is War, Justin Molebatsi
- Shut Up You Drug Addict (Clean Version), Paula Glynn
- गोरबो इसिँनिफ्राइ -50, Ronjoy Brahma
- Woman's Relation Matters, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Altar Of Twilight, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- alone! ! !, SALINI NAIR
- Grace, Jacque Hardison
- Conjure The Music, Margaret Alice Second
- गोरबो इसिँनिफ्राइ -49, Ronjoy Brahma