Ella Wheeler Wilcox
When you go Away
When you go away, my friend,
When you say your last good-bye,
Then the summer time will end,
And the winter will be nigh.
Though the green grass decks the heather,
And the birds sing all the day,
There will be no summer weather
After you have gone away.
When I look into your eyes,
I shall thrill with deepest pain,
Thinking that beneath the skies
I may never look again.
You will feel a moment's sorrow,
I shall feel a lasting grief;
You forgetting on the morrow,
I to mourn with no relief.
When we say the last sad word,
And you are no longer near,
And the winds and all the birds
Cannot keep the summer here,
Life will lose its full completeness---
Lose it not for you, but me;
All the beauty and the sweetness
Each can hold, I shall not see.
Ella Wheeler Wilcox's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (When you go Away by Ella Wheeler Wilcox )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- If Any Sense Is Attempted To Be Made, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Just one kiss, Kelly Curiel
- I love you to the moon and back, Petai Jirakongpipat
- jewel in crown of hell, ademola oluwabusayo
- prostitution, ademola oluwabusayo
- A Young Girl Is A Source of Inspiration,.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- nose dive, jerome moore
- a piece of apple browning and skin peeli.., jerome moore
- Wounded Roses Sing by I.H.Rizvi, Bijay Kant Dubey
- to woo, Zmz Gbzn