When You Think
Do you think when you're alone? if so, what about?
do you wander through your mind trying to figure something out?
is it something specific or is it general and vague?
is it something eating at you like a never-ending plague?
when you sit in thought can you read it in your eyes?
can you see the glory of your story and the pain of your goodbyes?
can you look into your past and the things that you have left there?
can you see the happiness and love, the sadness and regret there?
are you thinking of a catalyst to spark a needed change?
that one, unsought, idea that will help you rearrange
are you doubting who you are and the person you can be?
are you unveiling your eyes to allow yourself to see?
are you planning out a future that will make yourself proud?
or are you fretting on the past and the path that you have plowed?
when you sit in thought do I ever cross your mind?
do you ever think about me when you're starting to unwind?
because when I sit in thought, all I can think about is you
and yet another poem about you only proves that last line true.
Eric Schojan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (When You Think by Eric Schojan )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
Ralph Waldo Emerson
(1803 - 1882)
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- Gratitude, Mallika Achuthan Menon
- My Thoughts, Michael P. McParland
- Impact of snow climate., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- My limbs, gajanan mishra
- PARUI POLICE BRUTALITY, Bireswar Halder
- Sacred Kailas, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- VIRTUAL POET FRIENDS, Philo Yan
- The Imponderable, Sandra Feldman
- Arousal Of Energy, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Being Welcomed, RoseAnn V. Shawiak