When You Think
Do you think when you're alone? if so, what about?
do you wander through your mind trying to figure something out?
is it something specific or is it general and vague?
is it something eating at you like a never-ending plague?
when you sit in thought can you read it in your eyes?
can you see the glory of your story and the pain of your goodbyes?
can you look into your past and the things that you have left there?
can you see the happiness and love, the sadness and regret there?
are you thinking of a catalyst to spark a needed change?
that one, unsought, idea that will help you rearrange
are you doubting who you are and the person you can be?
are you unveiling your eyes to allow yourself to see?
are you planning out a future that will make yourself proud?
or are you fretting on the past and the path that you have plowed?
when you sit in thought do I ever cross your mind?
do you ever think about me when you're starting to unwind?
because when I sit in thought, all I can think about is you
and yet another poem about you only proves that last line true.
Topic(s): love lost
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (When You Think by Eric Schojan )
- under developed.., veeraiyah subbulakshmi
- Escape, Sandra Feldman
- MUSIC OFF THE WALL! ! !, G. AKANJI OLANIYI
- Expander, Kim Barney
- I believe you never will be too late, Trong Phan
- Angel's fear, gulsher JOHN
- when i loved you and you loved her and s.., Mandolyn ...
- LOve is replaced, hasmukh amathalal
- The lonely wolf, denise nixon
- He Sleeps Too Much, Jena Crowe
Poem of the Day
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(November 9 - 1937)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- Heather Burns
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)