Where did we go wrong? ?
You look at me with hatred and anger
I look at you with love and understanding
You come home every night drunk
You beat me, you hurt me
And I could only yell, 'Daddy stop it'
But you never once listened
I was only four, to young to stop you
It was all my fault, I know that
You left when I was only five
Did I do something wrong?
You told my ma you loved her
But you turned around and cheated on her
You choose drugs over you wife and daughters
And all I have to say is where did we go wrong?
What could I have done to make you stay?
Why did my family slip away?
By: cris son
cris son.'s Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Where did we go wrong? ? by cris son. )
Still I Rise
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(August 19, 1902 – May 19, 1971)
Alfred Lord Tennyson
(6 August 1809 – 6 October 1892)
(12 May 1812 – 29 January 1888)
- Mother the First and Best teacher of my .., Antonio Liao
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Death is Nothing at All, Henry Scott Holland
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda