Where Do We Go?
Where do we go, at the end of it all?
Back to loved ones perhaps, have a really Grand Ball?
Are they waiting right there, at those big pearly gates,
Joined by familiar faces, who once were our mates?
Where do we go, when we take our last breath?
Reincarnation, is there life after death?
Maybe next time, I'll own a really grand house!
Be a famous Rock Star, or even a mouse!
Or is there just nothing? I can't imagine how,
Not ever to feel the beat, of the heart I feel now!
I believe in living for today, to have fun!
But if I had the choice, then I'd pick number one.
To hold my Mum close, in my arms once again,
Happy, smiling, free of pain
Jayne Davies's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Where Do We Go? by Jayne Davies )
Did you read them?
- Path Of No Resistance, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- If Love... The This Follow...., Luis Estable
- Can This Be My Mistake, Luis Estable
- He was a carpenter. He worked with wood., Royston Allen
- An Open Mind, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.54, Monk E. Biz
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.53, Monk E. Biz
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.52, Monk E. Biz
- That Kid Is Me, Luis Estable
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.51, Monk E. Biz
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- Farewell, Anne Brontë
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Footsteps of Angels, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)