Where Do We Go?
Where do we go, at the end of it all?
Back to loved ones perhaps, have a really Grand Ball?
Are they waiting right there, at those big pearly gates,
Joined by familiar faces, who once were our mates?
Where do we go, when we take our last breath?
Reincarnation, is there life after death?
Maybe next time, I'll own a really grand house!
Be a famous Rock Star, or even a mouse!
Or is there just nothing? I can't imagine how,
Not ever to feel the beat, of the heart I feel now!
I believe in living for today, to have fun!
But if I had the choice, then I'd pick number one.
To hold my Mum close, in my arms once again,
Happy, smiling, free of pain
Jayne Davies's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Where Do We Go? by Jayne Davies )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- foliage, snehanair manikkath
- Love Lures Life! - sonnet-, Manjeshwari P MYSORE
- Yamashita/Medina Standard, Richard Thripp
- drops of dew, binod bastola
- Hello, This Is Reez, Rimni chakravarty
- Wish You A Good Day, Rimni chakravarty
- Rockin' Socks and Paradox, Monk E. Biz
- Love dale, SALINI NAIR
- Ghost, Jhonas Lumanlan
- Eagerly I want to go with you, Gert Strydom