Where I Am Trapped
Silver never colors a portrait.
In and between the seams.
Where I am trapped.
At the edge of a nightmare.
Before the end a dream.
Every night becomes a far-far.
Travelling beneath the stars.
Sometimes I cry.
Welcoming the tears.
Because a tear can never lie.
So I wipe the truth away.
Off my face.
Without a trace.
My pain burns the clouds to hate.
The thunder strikes my emotions to fire.
Then comes the rain.
I become cold.
Black water cracks the walls.
Filling every room.
Inside my sanctuary of sorrow.
I am drowning.
Driving me insane.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Where I Am Trapped by Unic Cjonr )
- Resistance To Change, Is It Poetry
- The Pirate's Lament, Alex Dubedat
- Live Life Smiling, Elizabeth Garcia
- Quiet Dave, Adeosun Olamide
- We Are That, Tushar Ray
- Old-Fashioned Cosmology, douglas scotney
- Dreamt Of You 3, Michael McParland
- That's When You Do It, douglas scotney
- Freedom in Love's Prison, Paul Hartal
- Gun Propaganda, Is It Poetry
Poem of the Day
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(22 March 1941 -)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)