Whiskey for the soul
Another Shot of Whiskey
Thrown down the hatch
Into a oven made of shattered glass,
The heat escapes.
but feelings remain in the burning pit,
where my heart once had been.
am i the monster locked with in?
regretting these feelings,
that ive etched in my skin?
hidden with a mask,
that ive always wore!
holding it all with a paper soul?
thats gotten torn and crumpled,
so many times before!
because i guess,
id rather hurt, than feel nothing at all
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Whiskey for the soul by Shade Necro )
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(1914 - 1955)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Christ: The Light Of The World, Denis Martindale
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Sonnet XVII, Pablo Neruda
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
Poem of the Day
- Behind Lashes, naida supnet
- Timeless Era Of Thought, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Those Ignorant Steps, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Pen Me Passion, Shania K. Younce
- Curiosity's Appetite, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Why Do Bad Things happen to good people?, Shania K. Younce
- Kira My Love, Michael P. McParland
- Full Understanding, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Devil Does Find My Need, Adeosun Olamide
- Peterborough Cry, Moses Samandar