Who Is Like Thee
Who is like Thee, revealing the deeps,
Fearful in praises, doing wonders?
The Creator who discovereth all from nothing,
Is revealed to the heart, but not to the eye;
Therefore ask not how nor where—
For He filleth heaven and earth.
Remove lust from the midst of thee;
Thou wilt find thy God within thy bosom,
Walking gently in thine heart—
He that bringeth low and that lifteth up.
And see the way of the soul‘s secret;
Search it out and refresh thee.
He will make thee wise, and thou wilt find freedom,
For thou art a captive and the world is a prison.
Make knowledge the envoy between thyself and Him;
Annul thy will and do His will;
And know that wheresoever thou hidest thee, there is His eye,
And nothing is too hard for Him.
He was the Living while there was yet no dust of the world;
And He is the Maker and He the Bearer;
And man is counted as a fading flower—
Soon to fade, as fadeth a leaf.
Translated by Nina Salaman
Yehudah HaLevi's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Who Is Like Thee by Yehudah HaLevi )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Remember..., Damian Murphy
- Love has power, hasmukh amathalal
- Uneasy Rider, Diane Wakoski
- Perfect, Awkward Reality, Simon Quperlier
- The Photos, Diane Wakoski
- Thank You Dad!, Damian Murphy
- Change Self Attitude and Find the World .., umaprosad das
- Lonely Is Me, Lilly Emery
- The Father of My Country, Diane Wakoski
- Life May Move, hasmukh amathalal