Why Am I Happy?
'Why is it, ' you ask, 'That you're so content?
'What inspires that smile? '
Well, if you want to know, my friend,
Then sit and listen for awhile.
I'm happy that the sun is shining,
That orb so cheery and bright.
I'm happy to live in this great land
The land of red, blue, and white.
I'm happy to have my family,
Parents, sisters, all my kin;
I'm happy to have such wonderful friends,
Who love me wherever I've been.
I'm happy for my Father's love,
I'm happy for my Savior's gift.
I'm happy for the Spirit's life,
For the God who out of darkness lifts.
I can spend all day telling you why I'm happy,
I've nothing better to do.
But isntead of asking me why I'm happy,
A better question is, 'Why aren't you? '
Aidan Clevinger's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Why Am I Happy? by Aidan Clevinger )
- Quiet Dave, Adeosun Olamide
- We Are That, Tushar Ray
- Old-Fashioned Cosmology, douglas scotney
- Dreamt Of You 3, Michael McParland
- That's When You Do It, douglas scotney
- Freedom in Love's Prison, Paul Hartal
- Gun Propaganda, Is It Poetry
- Silver Spoons, Mikey Bachman
- Perjury against the Innocent Punished by.., Dimitri Jagodinski
- Marital-Reciprocity, American-Style ......, Bri Edwards
Poem of the Day
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- The Lesson, Maya Angelou
- The Raven, Edgar Allan Poe
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(22 March 1941 -)