Why Am I Happy?
'Why is it, ' you ask, 'That you're so content?
'What inspires that smile? '
Well, if you want to know, my friend,
Then sit and listen for awhile.
I'm happy that the sun is shining,
That orb so cheery and bright.
I'm happy to live in this great land
The land of red, blue, and white.
I'm happy to have my family,
Parents, sisters, all my kin;
I'm happy to have such wonderful friends,
Who love me wherever I've been.
I'm happy for my Father's love,
I'm happy for my Savior's gift.
I'm happy for the Spirit's life,
For the God who out of darkness lifts.
I can spend all day telling you why I'm happy,
I've nothing better to do.
But isntead of asking me why I'm happy,
A better question is, 'Why aren't you? '
Aidan Clevinger's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Why Am I Happy? by Aidan Clevinger )
- Picasso: Pentads, Frank Avon
- Picasso, Frank Avon
- A Dream, Steve Kittell
- Waiting on my time, Gypsy Pain
- Mohabbat kaamil ho gayi, Ahatisham Alam
- Single Dad, louis rams
- A Victim of Love?, Mr. Nobody
- The Ugly Brother, Von Kimball Barney
- Khwaabon ki Haqikat, Ahatisham Alam
- THE BIRTH LAND, Abhishek Kumar Singh
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Stafford's Cabin, Edwin Arlington Robinson
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- Heather Burns
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)