Why Am I Happy?
'Why is it, ' you ask, 'That you're so content?
'What inspires that smile? '
Well, if you want to know, my friend,
Then sit and listen for awhile.
I'm happy that the sun is shining,
That orb so cheery and bright.
I'm happy to live in this great land
The land of red, blue, and white.
I'm happy to have my family,
Parents, sisters, all my kin;
I'm happy to have such wonderful friends,
Who love me wherever I've been.
I'm happy for my Father's love,
I'm happy for my Savior's gift.
I'm happy for the Spirit's life,
For the God who out of darkness lifts.
I can spend all day telling you why I'm happy,
I've nothing better to do.
But isntead of asking me why I'm happy,
A better question is, 'Why aren't you? '
Aidan Clevinger's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Why Am I Happy? by Aidan Clevinger )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- The Real Robber, Monojit Chatterjee
- Untitle II, Seira LNlee94
- Robbin Williams - RIP, krishnakumar chandrasekar nair
- Body and Spirit, Mwenyeji Spikes
- Abiding In Forgiveness, Mwenyeji Spikes
- A SPECIAL LANGUAGE, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- The Other Side of the Gun, Vince Rogers
- Cruelty, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- My day in winter, Tiku akp
- The Inner Vault, Mwenyeji Spikes