Why am I Thinking of You?
Why do I find myself thinking of you?
When all I want to do is forget what we've been through
The pain you gave me
Saying it would save me
Trying to erase me from memory
But how could I forget my first serious love?
Only just a year ago you were all I'd ever think of
Then you threw it in my face
This love now turned to hate
And all I really want is for you to go away
You promised me that we would be together forever
Oh and I should have known better
Promises from you don't mean anything
But a promise is a promise to me
Although I scratched off all the promises I said I'd keep
So why am I still here thinking of the pain you caused me?
I thought that it was over and I was free
Instead I'm here listening to a sad little song
Trying very hard not to sing along
Because If I do, I know I'd only fall
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Why am I Thinking of You? by Christian Rivera )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- O really I am searching, gajanan mishra
- KINDLING 10 WORD, Beryl Dov
- Angry Soul, The Princess
- To silence, hasmukh amathalal
- I Am A Spoon, Richard Provencher
- No use of keeping books, gajanan mishra
- Electric Blue, Leah Ayliffe
- Exception, hasmukh amathalal
- Sad Tragic Moments, Ronell Warren Alman
- The curdling moon, Mark Heathcote