Why die for your Country since your Country of you not aware
And your Country can't feel or don't have power to care
If for it the ultimate sacrifice you did make
Your Country for you will not weep at your wake.
Why die for your God or for your God others kill
Since your God does not wish you to wish on others ill
In Moses fifth Commandment there is nothing that say
That to kill in War for your God is okay.
Why die or kill for your Nation's flag that does hardly make sense
Since one should fight in their own or their loved ones defence
Far too many people in wars have fought and have died
For God or for Land or for National pride.
Why die for a flag or for God or for Land
Since you will not be there when the citizens band
Will play on the streets of your beloved Hometown
For to honour your bravery and your posthumous renown.
Francis Duggan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Why Die by Francis Duggan )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- A moment of truth, Mark Heathcote
- After Jacques Brel, mary douglas
- I Didn't Want This To Admit, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Deciding They Will Run, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Cutting Edges Plaguing, Terence G. Craddock
- Curse, MAD DEW
- Nature's Glory, Tirupathi Chandrupatla
- A SECRET, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Life Image Distortions, Terence G. Craddock
- From Chibok With Love, Adeosun Olamide