(brief renderings) Joe Fazio
Why Do I Love You?
Is It Magic?
Why do I love you? I love you
I know not why I love.
Have you cast your spell of magic,
that makes this so?
I have taken to notice, the magic
that is life. Is that you? Is it
your magic that makes me so aware?
You are part of my entire being.
Is this also, your magic at work?
There's a song in my heart, and a
spring in my step. Is it magic?
Is it love? Magic? Love? Both?
When apart I feel a loss. Is
it your magic, that compels me
to miss you so?
The Magic of your kiss. The Magic of
your voice. The Magic of your touch.
If it is magic, I am completely
and willing, under your spell.
Can I live but a day, without the
love of your magic? No. Not
a day, or a minute, or one second
for all eternity.
I have never felt this way before.
Nor will I ever again without
the cloak of your magic.
You are, and always will be,
My Magic Lady.
Yes...yes, most will say it is
love. Love perhaps.
© Joe Fazio
(brief renderings) Joe Fazio's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Why Do I Love You? by (brief renderings) Joe Fazio )
- Childless Woman, Sylvia Plath
- Inevitable Infiltration, Wood Nymph
- Aquatic Nocturne, Sylvia Plath
- Gold Mouths Cry, Sylvia Plath
- Soliloquy Of The Solipsist, Sylvia Plath
- Should We Kill Poetry, Tony Adah
- Look deep in my eyes, obed obser
- No Pussy In Hell, Buddy Bee Anthony
- गोरबो इसिँनिफ्राइ- 79, Ronjoy Brahma
- Stay That Way, Lawrence S. Pertillar