(brief renderings) Joe Fazio
Why Do I Love You?
Is It Magic?
Why do I love you? I love you
I know not why I love.
Have you cast your spell of magic,
that makes this so?
I have taken to notice, the magic
that is life. Is that you? Is it
your magic that makes me so aware?
You are part of my entire being.
Is this also, your magic at work?
There's a song in my heart, and a
spring in my step. Is it magic?
Is it love? Magic? Love? Both?
When apart I feel a loss. Is
it your magic, that compels me
to miss you so?
The Magic of your kiss. The Magic of
your voice. The Magic of your touch.
If it is magic, I am completely
and willing, under your spell.
Can I live but a day, without the
love of your magic? No. Not
a day, or a minute, or one second
for all eternity.
I have never felt this way before.
Nor will I ever again without
the cloak of your magic.
You are, and always will be,
My Magic Lady.
Yes...yes, most will say it is
love. Love perhaps.
© Joe Fazio
(brief renderings) Joe Fazio's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Why Do I Love You? by (brief renderings) Joe Fazio )
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
(10 February 1970-)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Alone, Maya Angelou
- Main To Jhonka Hu Hava Ka Ura Le Jaunga, Kumar Vishwas
- Best Friend (In Hindi), Tavneet Singh
Poem of the Day
- Lips Of Lies, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Floating on Whimsy, Nika McGuin
- Weapon of Words, Yemi Amoo
- The Jars, Nika McGuin
- Heartfelt Trust, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- NIGHT WHISPER, john chizoba vincent
- Missing, Marilyn Jean
- Mourning Glory, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- I Seem Deprived, But..., Brave Hearts
- No More War for Heroes Forty-Four, Tom Navarro