Homage to My Hips
these hips are big hips.
they need space to
move around in.
they don't fit into little
petty places. these hips
are free hips.
they don't like to be held back.
these hips have never been enslaved,
they go where they want to go
they do what they want to do.
these hips are mighty hips.
these hips are magic hips.
i have known them
to put a spell on a man and
spin him like a top
Lucille Clifton's Other Poems
Read poems about / on: magic
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Homage to My Hips by Lucille Clifton )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- equal, Matthew Edan Oliver Palma
- AHMAD RAMI, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- The Underlord., Maurice Whyte
- I am Yours, Matthew Edan Oliver Palma
- unanswered, Matthew Edan Oliver Palma
- passwords, Matthew Edan Oliver Palma
- lullabies, Matthew Edan Oliver Palma
- aftertaste, Matthew Edan Oliver Palma
- Beauty is everywhere, Maurice Whyte
- amiss, Matthew Edan Oliver Palma