Why Do You Judge Me?
Why do you tend to judge me
cause I'm of different race.
Why do you tend to hate me
cause I'm from a different place.
Why is it that you think I'm stupid
because of where I'm from.
In my own opinion,
You have classified yourself as dumb.
You act as if I'm a criminial
evil and a crook.
And all this because
your job from you I took..
All this hatred that you show
is nothing more than envy.
Why can't you just see
that you are not better nor worse than me.
I was born in this country,
I grew up just around the corner.
The difference between you and I,
is that my father crossed that border.
He has struggled in the past
to make our lives all better.
I admire him for that
why do u have to be a hater.
And even though I respect you,
You show me nothing more than racism.
When will this all stop
When will you stop your criticism?
We are no longer that minority..
Nor will we be for ever more.
We will one day rise above low standards
that's what we're fighting for.
So I suggest you learn to love my kind
and just be all that you can be.
Cause all your racism and your criticism
can no longer bother me....
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Why Do You Judge Me? by Arely Corral )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Frederick William (FW) Harvey
Mir Taqi Mir
(1723 - 1810)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- The Tiger, William Blake
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
Poem of the Day
- Beloved Brand, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- The Shadow, Benjamin Michael Clark
- Under The Moonlit Nights, I See You, See.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- have you seen my hand?, Mandolyn ...
- My Inspiration Are You, The Day I Saw You, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Azar, Nassy Fesharaki
- Ohio State, Saiom Shriver
- crowding around the crumbs you leave, Mandolyn ...
- The Drunkard All Alone in The House, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Wide Open II, Edward Kofi Louis