Why Do You Judge Me?
Why do you tend to judge me
cause I'm of different race.
Why do you tend to hate me
cause I'm from a different place.
Why is it that you think I'm stupid
because of where I'm from.
In my own opinion,
You have classified yourself as dumb.
You act as if I'm a criminial
evil and a crook.
And all this because
your job from you I took..
All this hatred that you show
is nothing more than envy.
Why can't you just see
that you are not better nor worse than me.
I was born in this country,
I grew up just around the corner.
The difference between you and I,
is that my father crossed that border.
He has struggled in the past
to make our lives all better.
I admire him for that
why do u have to be a hater.
And even though I respect you,
You show me nothing more than racism.
When will this all stop
When will you stop your criticism?
We are no longer that minority..
Nor will we be for ever more.
We will one day rise above low standards
that's what we're fighting for.
So I suggest you learn to love my kind
and just be all that you can be.
Cause all your racism and your criticism
can no longer bother me....
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Why Do You Judge Me? by Arely Corral )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- The shadow in my garden, Piyush Dey
- Something and something, gajanan mishra
- OUR PAINS AND OUR SUFFERINGS, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Colors Of The Rainbow, Anthony Daniels
- Hiccup, binod bastola
- Life and death..how we come and how we g.., krishnakumar chandrasekar nair
- You need me, gajanan mishra
- Infractions Rained Down Tears, mary douglas
- poetic shenanigans, lee fones
- Homecoming, prasenjit banerjee