Why Ist It That Way?
Artists who draw cartoons are cartoonists
Musicians who play bassoons, are bassoon-ists
Players of violins are violinists-flute players flutists
Then why aren’t drummers drum-ists?
Could the writer of Haiku be a Haiku-ist
Or the rider of a bike a bike-u-ist?
Why are linguists not language-ists
Or photographers photo-ists?
Who conjures these very English-isty rules list?
Most probably an English lingu-isty fool-ist
Stanley Cooper's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Why Ist It That Way? by Stanley Cooper )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- My Senseless Love, Lilly Emery
- Carry Our Souls, Ronald Chapman
- Happy Birthday... Right, Francie Lynch
- Can This Be Love?, Ronald Chapman
- Can Love Save The World?, Ronald Chapman
- Brand New Love (Secret Message Poem), Ronald Chapman
- Good-bye Windows XP, Roy Blokker
- Realy enjoying THAT 'last slice' - OF B.., sEaN nOrTh
- Brain Freeze, Ronald Chapman
- Writers block in July, Matthew Holloway