Aleksandr Aleksandrovich Blok
Why, Why Forever
Why, why forever to the deadly line
I'm pushed unpityingly by blows of the Fortune?
Whether all this, including life of mine,
Are only moments of the endless torture?
I want to live, tho' heart hasn't joy inside,
And happiness is just a tale to know,
But I am called in distance by some light,
And it is seemed, that I can have its glow.
Maybe, ‘tis just a spirit - this far blaze!
Maybe, my hopes are lost any ground!
But there - afar, in the unearthly space,
Its rays are ever beautiful and proud!
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Why, Why Forever by Aleksandr Aleksandrovich Blok )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Feel sorry, gajanan mishra
- Marmalade Mountains…, Mark Heathcote
- O Policeman, Beat You Not The The Other .., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Raincoat, Kyle Schlicher
- Running Through The Cornfield, Kyle Schlicher
- I Cut Out The Words For This Poem, Kyle Schlicher
- HAPPINESS IS THE GREATTEST PLEASURE السع.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Don't be selfish, gajanan mishra
- OTHER POETS, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Overflowing (HAIKU), Shqipe Prence