A tribute to Joyce Kilmer
I sit under this willow tree.
Its pendulous branchlets swaying
In concinnity around me,
a soliloquized pleasantry:
No measured words and rhymes I write
Could ever describe your beauty
Because fools never get it right
and” Poems are made by fools like me”
imperfect presentable lines.
“But only God can make a tree”
creation of perfect design.
So I write down beneath this tree
these feeble lines of poetry.
Albert Ahearn's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Willow by Albert Ahearn )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Older, Younger, Both, Joyce Sutphen
- Living in the Body, Joyce Sutphen
- Beggar thy Neighbor, John F. McCullagh
- In Black, Joyce Sutphen
- Ever After, Joyce Sutphen
- Miracle entry, hasmukh amathalal
- Evening Angelus, Joyce Sutphen
- Casino, Joyce Sutphen
- At the Moment, Joyce Sutphen
- Destonation Life, david kush