R.K. Cowles (12/31/1968 / hudson falls, new york)
Window of Oppurtunity [thought]
These eyes fixed steadily
Through this window of oppurtunity
Examining with my intellect
Is here, an oppurtune occation?
am I likely to have ownership?
Of a famous status
Am I emerging?
A countless of wealth
What oppurtunities will be unveiled?
Through this window
What length the duration?
Of this becoming contingency
Breath before my vision
Is this pane of glass for me?
Am I observing my precise oppurtunity?
A silouette of another
Innerside of this pane of glass
When will it present?
My selection of oppurtunities I have
Or am I its oppurtunity?
Am I actually on the innerside?
Observing outward at its profile
The oppurtunity to seize?
My well-deserved salary
A lawyer attempting to file suit?
Concerning a diminutive dispute
A salesperson striving to persuade?
Me to purchase items i don't require
Or its oppurtunity to coerce me?
To abominate a specific association?
Or seduce me?
To grant a charitable institution
Which doesn't exist
Or be driven?
To participate in a perpetation?
My least likely be implicated in
Its oppurtunity to thump me?
Torment me for its own gain?
Deprive me from my dignity?
Violate me from my rationality
Excave my morals from me
Extract my practicality from me?
Negate me from my sanity?
Expel my dreams from my future?
Am not condone my judgement
Depart myself from this
R.K. Cowles's Other Poems
- A Cheapskates Generosity [humor]
- A Corn Shredder at a Palace Full of Tara...
- A Cup of Java and a Couple of Sinkers [1...
- A DJ and His PJs [crossword IL]
- A Dream of Oddness [crossword XIV]
- A One Day a Year War Zone
- A Rareness of Mysterious Thoughts [abstr...
- A Rarity In America [Reality]
- A Ridiculous Scavenger Hunt List
- A Trip for Biscuit [1920 slang]
- Adding to Six [humor]
- Afternoon Nightmare (Crossword Poem-I)
- Alters A Color [Color Series]
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.