Window of Oppurtunity [thought]
These eyes fixed steadily
Through this window of oppurtunity
Examining with my intellect
Is here, an oppurtune occation?
am I likely to have ownership?
Of a famous status
Am I emerging?
A countless of wealth
What oppurtunities will be unveiled?
Through this window
What length the duration?
Of this becoming contingency
Breath before my vision
Is this pane of glass for me?
Am I observing my precise oppurtunity?
A silouette of another
Innerside of this pane of glass
When will it present?
My selection of oppurtunities I have
Or am I its oppurtunity?
Am I actually on the innerside?
Observing outward at its profile
The oppurtunity to seize?
My well-deserved salary
A lawyer attempting to file suit?
Concerning a diminutive dispute
A salesperson striving to persuade?
Me to purchase items i don't require
Or its oppurtunity to coerce me?
To abominate a specific association?
Or seduce me?
To grant a charitable institution
Which doesn't exist
Or be driven?
To participate in a perpetation?
My least likely be implicated in
Its oppurtunity to thump me?
Torment me for its own gain?
Deprive me from my dignity?
Violate me from my rationality
Excave my morals from me
Extract my practicality from me?
Negate me from my sanity?
Expel my dreams from my future?
Am not condone my judgement
Depart myself from this
R.K. Cowles's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Window of Oppurtunity [thought] by R.K. Cowles )
- Branches Reaching, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- WHY, ala rhmn
- Pabsdorf's Regnen: Dawn of the Summer, Dozie Wogu
- Pabsdorf's Regnen, Dozie Wogu
- Herr! Herr! ! She knows Little, Dozie Wogu
- Herr Herr, Dozie Wogu
- Weinen Nicht: Cry of a Mother, Dozie Wogu
- Reality: Warum Nicht, Dozie Wogu
- Magnificent Darkness, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- The Clock Is Ticking, Kyle Schlicher
Poem of the Day
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Morning, Paul Laurence Dunbar
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- When Spring Goes By, Duncan Campbell Scott
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)