Wish you were here in my arms...
For everytime I look in your eyes,
I know its looking at someone else.
For everytime I touch your hand,
You slowly back away and forget that happened.
I try to smile in your presence,
But the only thing I get in return is a pat on the back.
Even if you sit so near,
You feel so distant away from me.
When I see you with her,
The way you make her laugh.
The way she smiles at you,
The way she gives you her love...
...Makes me realize that I won't be able to have you,
knowing the feeling of being left alone from
a presence that was never really there from the start.
Rose Rosado's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Wish you were here in my arms... by Rose Rosado )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- White days, interruption ("One Flew.., John Taggart
- The Magnet, Ruth Manning-Sanders
- Not even a dream ("Deliverance"), John Taggart
- Time lapse ("Grey Gardens"), John Taggart
- from "Landscape with Light", John Taggart
- Inside Out, John Taggart
- PH: Limericks (Of Physics) : #1, Brian Johnston
- Slow Song for Mark Rothko, John Taggart
- Refrains for Robert Quine, John Taggart
- Precious Lord, John Taggart