Wish you were here in my arms...
For everytime I look in your eyes,
I know its looking at someone else.
For everytime I touch your hand,
You slowly back away and forget that happened.
I try to smile in your presence,
But the only thing I get in return is a pat on the back.
Even if you sit so near,
You feel so distant away from me.
When I see you with her,
The way you make her laugh.
The way she smiles at you,
The way she gives you her love...
...Makes me realize that I won't be able to have you,
knowing the feeling of being left alone from
a presence that was never really there from the start.
Rose Rosado's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Wish you were here in my arms... by Rose Rosado )
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Harivansh Rai Bachchan
(27 November 1907 – 18 January 2003)
(13 February 1879 - 2 March 1949)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
Robert Louis Stevenson
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
(31 March 1934 – 31 May 2009)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Madhushala, Harivansh Rai Bachchan
- Love, Sarah Flower Adams
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Your Laughter, Pablo Neruda
- Death is Nothing at All, Henry Scott Holland
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
Poem of the Day
- A Little Air, Kevin John Racaza
- जिद्द............., sanjay kumar maurya
- An Unblind and a Blind Man, Luo Zhihai
- चादर तेरे प्रित की............., sanjay kumar maurya
- family visit, oskar hansen
- Thank the love gift me the verses by Ra.., Yuri Starostin
- पूनम का चांंद.............., sanjay kumar maurya
- An Angelic Figure, Ahmad Husain
- And the Trains Go On, Philip Levine
- Hair-raising, hafiz qasim