Sitting in ivory tower
you will watch a tragedy
of epic nicknames.
In future of reprisals
there was a culture of hate.
A solar hit will claim the frenzy.
It was a naked death
of a stolen whip, at
high speed game of sex.
A new wrinkle appears
on the headless body,
after the wow, oh wow!
Why did you take my
name for your name?
After all what is in a name.
Satish Verma's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (WITH APOLOGIES by Satish Verma )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Shooting Stars, Cyndi K. Encinares Gacosta
- In bed, Cyndi K. Encinares Gacosta
- From Destiny's Palm, Savita Tyagi
- Your silence, ramesh rai
- My body is my enemy, gajanan mishra
- No Tears For Me, vince gullaci
- season of fall autumn, binod bastola
- Coming to you I said, gajanan mishra
- Smell the RosesT, Bill Cantrell
- I Invited You To Visit, Lawrence S. Pertillar